Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Love Collage!

"Wood and Corona #1", 11"x14", acrylic, Dura-Lar on paper, 2013 copyright Mary Zeran

Something I love about making collage is there is always an exit strategy. Not only is the process additive, it is subtractive. What that means is, if it looks like the piece needs more stuff…add it. If it looks like there is too much, remove things. Collage is all about combining different materials into a piece of art that has personal meaning.

This Saturday I'm teaching Spontaneous, Spirited, Simple Collage at Gilded Pear Gallery. Some of the techniques we are going to play with are:
  • creating our own "raw materials" 
  • discovering our personal way of making marks 
  • playing with color.  COLOR!!!
  • cutting up found papers, and photos 
  • talking about design 
  • and gluing…lots of gluing.
If you are in the area, there are a few spaces left.  Just contact Suzy at Gilded Pear Gallery to make your reservation!

Cheer!

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Oh my I wish I lived near the gallery! I love these happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diane!

      Thank you so much for stopping by. I wish you lived nearby too! Color is a HUGE focus for me right now. I've been devoting a ton of time to experimenting, stepping out of my comfort zone, and taking chances. It is exhilarating!

      Cheers!

      Mary

      Delete

Thank you for visiting me! I really enjoy hearing from you!