Wednesday, December 18, 2013

And the Winner is...

"Once Again Awkward was the Operative Word", 30"x30"x3",
acrylic, Dura-Lar on cradled panel, 2013 copyright Mary Zeran
Excitement, excitement, and congratulations to STH from Glen Arbor, Michigan!!! You are the winner of the Patti' Brady's book "Rethinking Acrylic".  If you email me your address, I'll get it into the mail and maybe, just maybe, you will have it in time for Christmas....or at least the week of. 

I hope you enjoy the book.  It is chock full of amazing photos, technical information, and art...let's don't forget the art.

For the next few weeks, I will be devoting my time to family.    Each year, I do a holiday card with a quote from Charles Dickens.  (For some reason, he always makes me think of the holiday.)  This year's quote is:


However you celebrate this holiday season... 
I wish you and your family, happiness, joy, love, peace, and laughter!



4 comments:

  1. hello Mary...
    just starting to remember I have a blog and bloggy friends who've been neglected for ages.Love that Quote and the prize too!
    Will be in touch... a big hello to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! I've got to get back to my "bloggy friends" too. Blogs can be so comforting, don't you think?

      As for the book, it is amazing. To be honest, it changed how I painted. Patti Brady is totally responsible for how I make art! It is a good book! And Highly recommended! xo

      Delete
  2. Hi, Mary. Finally found a moment to stop by. Your art is evolving in such interesting directions and I thoroughly enjoyed your posts on altered books. Have a very happy New Year!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Hello Nadia!

      This year, I really had some time to work on my art and really dig in. I can't wait to see how it all progresses. So exciting.

      As for altered books? That has been a new experience that I am really enjoying. I've always been inspired by the sketchbook work that Sophie Munns does, but I never seemed to get there myself.

      Then one day...out of the blue...it started! Yippee!

      Xo

      Mary

      Delete

Thank you for visiting me! I really enjoy hearing from you!